Human (or People) Governance adds the human dimension to company decision-making processes. In doing so, people-related matters are extended to the various management levels in an organisation. Human Governance ensures that the human perspective becomes a structural part of all company activities.
- 2006As a pioneer in Human Governance, EPEGON sets up the Brussels ‘Human Governance Commission’. Its aim is to establish a fundamental ‘Charter for Company Directors and their Boards of Directors’.
- 2007Creation of the EPEGON Foundation – European People Governance Network. Its task will be to advance the understanding and application of People (or Human) Governance.
- 2008Organisation of numerous debates and conferences concerning the application of People Governance and the Charter.
- 2009First European People Governance Conference
- 2011Second European People Governance Conference
- 2015EPEGON starts to widen its objectives and cooperates as a recognised expert with the NBN (Belgium's Bureau for Standardisation).
People governance initiatives, the opinion of the CEO
The Epegon Foundation is governed by two fundamental principles:
- 1 Human Governance strengthens Corporate Governance.
- 2 Every institution becomes more effective and human when Human Governance is integrated in its decisions, strategies and activities.
To attain its objectives, the Epegon Foundation cultivates special relationships with all public or private players, institutions, organisations or individuals who are keen to develop the understanding and application of Human Governance.
These principles are outlined in the charter of the Epegon Foundation and in documents designed for company directors and their Boards of Directors.